Whether it’s iconic landmarks such as the magnificent Gloucester Cathedral or the picturesque Victorian Docks, or street scenes of everyday life, artists will be competing in this exciting event for all to see.
The finished pieces will be displayed in a gallery exhibition where the judges will award prizes to the best work for the Main Prize and the Student Prize.
Contestants’ artwork will be judged by the panel on the evening of Saturday 15 July at the exhibition. The judges will be looking at which artworks best capture the spirit of the city.
There will be an ‘Artist Village’ at the Fountain Inn on West gate Street throughout the weekend. Artist Collaborate’s ‘Artist Village’ will have plenty to see and do;:
- There will be a gallery to display work from local artists
- live murals by Dice 67 and Richard Mace.
- Demonstrations and Workshops on both days, including, lino printing, clay sculpting, wood carving, children’s workshops and more.
- Poetry by Food for thoughts along with open mic.
- Appearances by Jack Sparrow lookalike and Britain’s Got Talent’s finalist, The Singing Robot.
Suitable for all ages, you can try your hand at the following subjects:
- caricature art
There are multiple classes over the whole weekend (on Saturday and Sunday).
Whilst all of the classes are free, however prebook to make sure you guarentee a space. To book visit our ‘Workshops page’ HERE
In addition to the competition and the free art classes, there will also be:
- live art in King’s Square
- ‘Have-A-Go’ activities for children
- and demonstrations